KCO Brindavana is a non-profit charitable organization with the status 501(C)(3), NJ.
Karnataka Cultural Organization – Brindavana (KCOB) is a New Jersey based charitable, non-profit, cultural organization representing people originating from Karnataka (a state in India - home to the Silicon Valley of India - Bangalore) or exhibiting an interest in the language of Kannada and the traditions and culture of Karnataka, dedicated towards upholding the vision and objectives as outlined in the KCOB Brindavana Constitution
To nurture, promote and propagate the language, culture, heritage, music, dance, drama, movies, literature, and compositions of Karnataka.
- To function as a premier charitable organization and actively get involved in charitable activities for the needy in USA and foreign countries.
- To develop & promote friendship, respect, and camaraderie among members of the organization.
- To maintain and promote the customs, traditions, and culture of India amongst the children & younger generation.
- To organize social, cultural, and festival events for members and their friends and families.
- To help visitors, students and new immigrants from Karnataka and India assimilate into US culture.
- To serve community and foster a service oriented culture amongst members and their families.
- To strive toward establishing an active adult Kannada resident community.
- To establish active linkages with other organizations with similar interests around the world and with communities in Karnataka that facilitates exchange of ideas and promotes organizations goals.
- To foster a sense of pride and identity among the next generation Kannadiga-Americans by building a bridge between their adopted land and the motherland.